Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
Facial plastic surgery isn’t meant to redefine the identifying characteristics that make you unique; rather it is designed to enhance your natural beauty. By choosing to undergo one or more of our surgical procedures, you can achieve the refreshed, rejuvenated, more youthful-looking appearance you desire to have. We want the results of your treatment to look completely natural, yet have a dramatic impact on the way you look. If bags under your eyes or drooping eyelids are making you appear more tired and older than you really are, Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS can help you through eyelid surgery.
Types of Surgeries
- Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Eyelid surgery, also referred to as blepharoplasty, is designed to dramatically improve the appearance of tired, drooping, sagging, deflated, or puffy tissue around the eyes by removing and recontouring excess skin.
- Lower Eyelid Surgery
- This procedure is a modern and sophisticated lower lid lift that utilizes fat repositioning. It not only improves the bags beneath the eyes, but also softens the harsh junction between the lower lid and cheek by repositioning the lower lid fat into the transitional zone and reduces puffiness and dark circles underneath the eyes. Repositioning of the fatty cells also gives your cheeks a fuller, more contoured appearance while eliminating unwanted excess skin beneath your eyelid.
- Asian Eyelid Surgery
- Ethnicity yields its own unique physical characteristics, meaning the texture of the skin is distinct, the crease of the eyelid is different, the amount of fat in the lids varies, and the symmetrical positioning and opening of the eyes are unique. Dr. Covici has extensive experience performing Asian eyelid surgery on patients who desire a double-creased eyelid that looks and functions naturally.
- Ptosis Eyelid Surgery
- For many patients, eyelid surgery is a means of recovering lost vision due to obstruction. Drooping eyelids can hinder your peripheral vision and ability to see overall. By elevating your lids, Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS can change the way you view the world on a daily basis. Lifting your lids can dramatically improve your peripheral vision. Ptosis procedures may be covered by your insurance carrier.
Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS takes great pride in giving his patients a result that is natural and appropriate for your age and gender. As an expert in eyelid surgery, Dr. Covici is frequently called upon to perform revision surgery on individuals who recently underwent treatment elsewhere and are not satisfied with their results. Because you should always put your best face forward, we thoughtfully customize our treatment plans for each individual.
Cosmetic eyelid surgery is constantly evolving. Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS has perfected the art of eyelid surgery and utilizes the most advanced techniques to help his patients achieve a fabulous, natural-looking, and gender-appropriate outcome.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
Performing eyelid surgery at our Springfield practice allows us to greatly improve the overall appearance of the eyelids, and in some cases, even enhance their function. No matter what the reason for you choosing to undergo eyelid surgery, the aesthetic, functional, and health benefits are numerous. Some benefits of the procedure include:
- Removes drooping skin around the eyes
- More rested, youthful, and rejuvenated appearance
- Removes excess fat
- Tightens muscle tissue around the eyelids
- Improves facial aesthetics
- Corrects puffiness in the upper or lower eyelid
- Improves natural eye function
- Restores peripheral vision
- Corrects lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet that form around the eyelids
Visit our gallery of patients to see how these procedures could potentially improve your appearance.
Ideal Candidates for Surgery
The ideal candidates for blepharoplasty or ptosis repair are generally:
- 18 years old or older
- In good health, both physically and mentally
- Experiencing puffy, sagging, fatty eyelids
- Tired looking
- Suffering from vision obstruction, due to excess skin that droops over the upper eyelids
Even the most qualified candidates may be prohibited from undergoing eyelid surgery because of medications or eye conditions that may negatively affect treatment and increase a patient’s chance of developing complications. During your initial consultation, Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS will discuss with you, in detail, your medical history, as well as your cosmetic goals and objectives for treatment.
Contact Us about Eyelid Surgery
To learn more about the revolutionary, life-changing procedures that we provide, including eyelid surgery, contact our Springfield practice today. No matter what cosmetic procedure you choose to undergo, Steven J. Covici, MD, FACS has the tools you need to achieve the sophisticated, naturally radiant results you deserve.